How to View Facebook Pages with SSL Security
Just a quick, simple tip to protect your Facebook activities from the bad guys.
- Log in to your Facebook account
- Check the URL address bar in your browser. If you see “http:” instead of “https:” then you are not in a secure session and you are at risk.
- Click on “Account Settings” in the upper right corner
- Select “Account Security” and then click on “Change” on the right hand side
- Click the box that says “Browse Facebook on a secure connection (https) whenever possible“
- IMPORTANT: Do not forget to click “Save” button
You are now set to view Facebook pages over a secure connection whenever possible. This is the same situation that I wrote about a short time ago for Twitter. No reason that you should be using either Facebook or Twitter without this simple step activated.
In the same vein, I have purchased a SSL certificate for FilltheFunnel.com and will be getting everything setup in the next few days so that anything you do on this site will be under the safety of an encrypted security layer. Not that we are offering a cure for cancer here but felt that it was worth the extra effort to provide this for our subscribers and readers.
Are you looking for the https: indicator on the sites you frequent? Is it important to you?