“Let’s Do Lunch” Has Never Been Easier
Just in time for the new year, the answer to who is available to meet for lunch is just an App away.
Back in 2005, Keith Ferrazi (@keithferrazzi) introduced Never Eat Alone which quickly became a sales classic with it’s premise that every lunch meeting has the opportunity to move your career, your performance and your friendships ahead. Now there is an App based on the core principles of Keith’s book called LunchMeet.
NOTE: iPhone Version only at this time but they say Android version on the way.
LunchMeet leverages the information from your LinkedIn account and several search API’s to find others who are interested in meeting for lunch in your location. Here is how it works:
- You set up day and time slots that you have open on your calendar for lunch.
- LunchMeet then uses it’s search capabilities and identifies several restaurants to consider for lunch, based on your current location, or just indicate the general area you want to meet.
- Decide if you want to repeat in the future and select the days and frequency.
- Allow the App to post your interest on LinkedIn (turned off by default).
- Click Save & Search for available Connections.
- See who pops up, if anyone.
As an example, I set my opening for Lunch every Monday for the month of January in the greater Bellevue, WA area. After saving my date/time it searched and told me that there where no matches. To be expected, as this is still an early beta web tool. You are also given the option to invite one of your LinkedIn connections, but I chose to decline, wanting to see when I might have a new option.
Here are the screenshots to set your expectations:
To receive more Web Tool Tips CLICK to sign up for our newsletter!
Photo image courtesy of © Deklofenak – Fotolia.com